American Red Cross of Eastern Missouri
Location – St. Louis, Missouri
The Regional Volunteer Services Officer is a critical component of the American Red Cross regional team and infrastructure. It is responsible for strengthening and growing programs and services that will meet the regional community needs within resource constraints. Develops long- and short-term program strategies and oversees implementation for large-scale single programs/services or multiple smaller-scale programs/services. Directs and oversees the work assignment and performance of staff and volunteers. Develops and executes a recruitment strategy, managing the volunteer on boarding process for the region. Ensures coordinated outreach and partnerships within the larger Red Cross organization and external constituents (e.g.: community agencies). This person will serve as a program or service subject matter expert (SME) to staff, management, volunteers and external partners. Represents the Red Cross within the assigned region for the purposes of volunteer engagement.
- Strategy: Develops growth strategy for area of responsibility. Design and implement retention strategies with departments and programs to assist with volunteer development, leadership development and managing goals and objectives. Oversees risk management issues specific to Volunteer Services. Provides oversight and maintenance of database/computer systems. Provides innovative thought leadership and shapes the knowledge base. Maintains clear and current knowledge of any legal and administrative requirements and/or issues specific to volunteer programs. Maintains knowledge and awareness of trends in volunteerism and designs the program to capitalize on them. Builds relationships and provides managerial guidance to Regional and Chapter executive teams, staff, volunteers, community, and other external partners. Develops and cultivates professional relationships with key internal & external partners/organizations.
- Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Participates in communication/civic activities and events to promote volunteer opportunities. Develops and cultivates professional relationships with key internal and external partners/organizations. Attends regional and community meetings and events and facilitates exchange of information and resources within jurisdiction. Develops and conducts presentations to promote Red Cross services and programs to community.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Builds financially sound, executable, data-driven business strategies in support of a program area and/or services. May have ongoing fiscal and budget responsibility with grant coordination duties in contract-funded programs. Identifies possible funding sources for program or service initiatives from various sources like government agencies and philanthropic foundations/organizations.
- Staff and Volunteer Management: Provides strong leadership, develops and sets individual and team performance goals and manages/drives change. Hires, manages, trains and evaluates staff and volunteers. Designs, develops and implements a targeted volunteer management recruitment plan for the region and proactively outreaches to business leaders and others to support volunteer needs. Implements recruitment plan with particular attention to diversity and inclusion goals of the region and ARC strategic plans. Oversees curriculum design for volunteer training modules and recruitment presentations. Creates performance review process to accurately assess volunteer performance and adjusts performance as and when needed. Finds and implements ways to improve or increase the quality and production for the work directed.
- Lead through change
- Strategic implementation of National initiatives
- Active and engaged in executive leadership of the region
- Targeted recruitment strategies to fill high volunteer needs assessment
Strong Interpersonal Communication
Strong Written and Oral Communications
Dealing with Ambiguity/learning on the Fly
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years in implementing and advancing social service programs and providing leadership to a department, program or service. Track record of leadership results in non-profit and/or for-profit organizations. Proven results in achieving financial success in a business unit or area and leveraging relationships with diverse levels of internal & external stakeholders.
Management Experience: Minimum of 5 years staff management experience.
Skills and Abilities: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements.
Other: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Outlook. Familiarity with federal, state and local employment laws.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.