Pulse – Winter Storm Prep.
Winter Storm Headed Towards St. Louis Area
Follow the snowman for more on Winter Storms!
Learn the Lingo –
Winter storm warning – severe winter conditions will begin within 24 hours if they haven’t already.
Winter storm watch – Winter storm conditions possible within 36 to 48 hours.
Winter weather advisory – Winter weather conditions are expected to cause inconveniences and may be hazardous.
How to prepare –
| Put together a supply kit.
- Three day supply of water – one gallon per person per day
- Three day supply of food – nonperishable and easy to prepare is usually the way to go.
- Warm clothing –
- Extra Blankets
- Baby supplies –
- Baby food
- Pet supplies –
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Battery or hand-crank weather radio (NOAA if possible)
- First aid kit
- Seven day supply of medication/medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Copies of personal documents
- Medication List
- Pertinent medical Information
- Proof of address
- Deed/lease to home
- Birth certificates
- Insurance policies
- Extra cash
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family/Emergency Contact Information
- Personal sanitation and hygiene items
- Sand, rock salt or non-clumping kitty litter to make walkways less slippery
It’s usually best to avoid travel during storms if possible. If travel cannot be avoided, be sure to take some precautions. At the very least-
- Have a full tank of gas
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination
- Have an emergency kit in the car that includes:
- First Aid Kit
- Coat, Gloves, Hats
- Flashlight (extra batteries)
- Car charger for phone